cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unleashed App can't see I'm connected to Ruckus network (App permissions under Android 11?)

robert_winther
New Contributor III

I think this might be related to App permissions and the Ruckus Unleashed App not being updated Android 11:

We've sold Ruckus APs to a number of our clients, but when I try to add a new Ruckus Unleashed, using my Google Pixel 3A XL running Android 11 i  get:

"You need to be connected to an Unleashed network for remotely managing it. Do you wish to go to settings and select the right network?"

Even if I'm connected to the Ruckus Unleashed network I'm trying to add.

I have to use and older Android Tablet to add a new network to my account. It's then visible in my account, including on my Google Pixel 3A XL.

I was deploying a new Ruckus solution at a Client today, and I added the network using the 'hack' with the older Android Tablet, but when the Client tried adding the Ruckus Unleashed network he experienced the same problem, and he was using an iPhone.

My guess is that the app is not updated for the newest permission system on Android (and maybe iPhone?): I can't see the App has asked for permission to access information on a device's network state or similar, and therefore the permisson has not been granted.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arsalan_habib
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

After investigating a similar issue with another customer we found out that there is a Private DNS setting which was turned ON, because of which the unleashed.ruckuswireless.com hostname did not resolve. Can you check if this is ON for you and can you test the app by turning Private DNS option OFF please?

Image_ images_messages_603751ba129ce112e92b9782_1fe944bc917c0b539889d426f76dd0cf_PrivateDNS-6f2bb97b-6c23-4fe8-80f4-09f28112050c-427428607.png

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

arsalan_habib
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

We used to see this issue with iOS sporadically but not from Android, however we are seeing a few complaints about the same thing for Android lately. We are debugging this and I will update you with our findings. Thank you for reaching out to us. You can also directly communicate with us at mobile@commscope.com. 

arsalan_habib
New Contributor III

Robert, may I ask what Unleashed AP version did you encounter this problem on?

Firmware 200.9 (latest, according to the device).

Edit: Ruckus R550 - full version number 200.9.10.4.212

Same problem on R310 running 200.7.10.202.118.