cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZD1200 vs ZD3000

mur797979
New Contributor

Good afternoon. Please enlighten the beginner. ZD1200 includes 5 licenses. There is a certain functionality. (let's say I plan to install 5 points)

There is a controller C120 (a full analog of the ZD1200 ...so they write), is there also a license for 5 points?

There is a ZD3000, but what about the built-in licenses? And I'm also interested (sales claim that it has much richer functionality, monitoring, etc.) Is that true? It will stand in the basement, let it buzz, no problem.

I plan to have 5 R710 points, up to 200 customers.

I also plan to buy the ICX 7150-C12P. so that there would be a single ecosystem

Thanks guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @mur797979,

ZD3K and ZD1200 both are EOL, but if you want to choose between the two then I will suggest ZD1200 because it supports the latest version, unlike ZD3k which was announced EOL few years back.

You can purchase additional licenses if your plan is to go beyond 5 AP licenses.

Functionality wise ZD1200 is better than ZD3K.

My recommendation would be to use our Cloud platform instead, "RUCKUS One". Latest up-to-date features, no problem with scalability, buy additional AP licenses as your organization grow, supports Switches as well and many more.

You can contact our sales team for a free trial, or visit https://www.ruckusnetworks.com/products/network-control-and-management/cloud-managed/ for more info.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi @mur797979,

ZD3K and ZD1200 both are EOL, but if you want to choose between the two then I will suggest ZD1200 because it supports the latest version, unlike ZD3k which was announced EOL few years back.

You can purchase additional licenses if your plan is to go beyond 5 AP licenses.

Functionality wise ZD1200 is better than ZD3K.

My recommendation would be to use our Cloud platform instead, "RUCKUS One". Latest up-to-date features, no problem with scalability, buy additional AP licenses as your organization grow, supports Switches as well and many more.

You can contact our sales team for a free trial, or visit https://www.ruckusnetworks.com/products/network-control-and-management/cloud-managed/ for more info.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn