cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zf7363 firmware update issues

bret_gardner
New Contributor
I found a Ruckus 7363 laying around that was bought by my predecessor. It had never been taken out of the box, so I figured I'd configure it and try it out. The first thing I wanted to do is update the firmware, so I configured a local tftp server (there was no local update option in the old version) with the latest FW (9.7.0.0.220) and I edited an image control file. The firmware updated fine and the AP rebooted.

now when I try to configure a static IP, mask and gateway, and press the update settings button, it says "WAN/Data Network: the IPv4 address field is improper or empty".

also there are several places that where I press the update settings button and nothing happens. For instance, under radio 2.4g; when I configure "wireless 1", and try to update the settings, nothing happens. I downgraded to 9.6.2.0.13 and still have the issues. I cant remember what the version was before I updated.
Is this thing a brick now?
6 REPLIES 6

bret_gardner
New Contributor
hmm. problem goes away with chrome... guess the newer firmware doesn't work with ie9?

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Glad to hear you found the workaround. We, like many products, have a troubled relationship with IE...

anton_grib
New Contributor
On Demand TV - we have exactly the same problem. I have updated a 7363 access point to firmware 9.7.
We can not make any changes to 2.4 or 5Ghz Wi-Fi settings. For instance, under radio 2.4g; when I configure "wireless 1", and try to update the settings, nothing happens.
What now? We need to demo the 7363 for a BIG customer?

lonnie_3404113
Contributor
Just chiming in.... in Chrome, I cannot edit my 7363 group to actually use the 7363 option in Model Specific Control. I can set it to 7363, but after clicking Ok, the change is lost.