cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zf7363 can't connect to ZD1000

sander_van_vegh
New Contributor III
I have a ZD1000 with licensed AP 12.
Already a r300 and and a zf7363 connected.

When i connect another zf7363 i have no connection for the 3th one.
Also a 4th and 5th do not have connection.

The 3th, 4th and 5th is comming from a working network.
16 REPLIES 16

1said_sanoussi
New Contributor III
if you can send me an email to said_san2@hotmail.com i can send you a wetransfer link with the 9.8.x Zoneflex firmware. That is the latest for this AP model. That will create a connection to your ZD. The ZD will then upgrade your AP to the 9.10.x firmware

rainer_saumwebe
New Contributor
I have done all the steps you writed before, the ZD has the Firmware 9.3.4.0 build 21 the zf7363 has the Firmware 9.3.4.0.21 downloaded by ftp from the ZD. I have also tried via putty to set director IP on the zf, but there is no connection to the ZD possible. Have you any other idea to connect. Best regards

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Do all your APs local to the ZD connect / upgrade / get configured correctly?
Is it only the remote APs that are not connecting? 
Does the ZD see them under Monitor/Access Points at all?Is it one extended VLAN, or is there a DHCP/DNS server at the remote site?  Does it provide Option 43 with ZD IP, or DNS with 'zonedirector.localdomain' defined?

If your remote sites use VPN encapsulation, try reducing the MTU packet size.  Otherwise, there is a minimum round-trip-time for AP/ZD communications too.

rainer_saumwebe
New Contributor
9 APs are connect correctly, it is a 12 APs licence, I have eight zf2942 and one zf7363 connected succesfully at the moment. I have three further zf7363 APs, but these are not connecting to the zd or are not visable.
Only the zf7363 don't connect.
No, it is not possible to see under Monitor/Access Points, no VLAN. The are all in the same network, normally we use fix IPs but there is a small zone for DHCP where the new AP is in. But I have tried also with a fix IP no change.  From AP the ZD is possible to ping and also from ZD to AP it is possible. No VPN encapsulation is used. What do you mean with Option 43?

rasmus_hecter
New Contributor II

I have the same problem.Did you solve it?