cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vsz 5.2 and tp-link WR-710N

corrado_ravinet
New Contributor II
Hi at all
i have upgraded my vsz from 10 days, and from this date, my 2 WR710N with static ip and configured in client mode they work only for a matter of seconds, then they are dead.
I can only restart them, and for few seconds they work well.
I'm not an expert in ruckus environment, then what log can i check ??
In Events & Alarm only 'WDS device joined' and nothing else 😞
Any idea ??

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Corrado,

If 4 way handshake is successful then just after frame-4, client should start sending DHCP/bootp "discover" frame to AP and I don't see it (because you seems configured static IP to client). In that case connection is successful and you will not see any other traffic in Troubleshoot.

Try setting your WDS device to DHCP and see if you can also get an IP (Run the troubleshooting again).

What about support information? Did you checked if there are some logs related to failing client MAC? Could you share the specific logs from support information for this client?

What is the WLAN configuration type, authentication type and encryption type?

Regards,
Syamantak

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Hi Omer
also the client have a static ip.
Today i'm not in office due covid, then i cannot try the setting you suggest me.

What kind of log  do i will check ??  On tplink device or ruckus ??
If it is ruckus, what's the log ??

Wlan is a normal Wpa2  in open method with all factory default

Bye

Hi Corrado,

You have to download support log just after a test connection from Ruckus AP where client was connecting.

Image_ images_messages_5f91c498135b77e247b03ed0_42b3b3636459d29e68ccc24cb9525a7b_RackMultipart202005078195513k1-362a76dd-3ca5-4d0d-b0cc-f4c863361317-1880334495.png1588850513

In support information, search for client MAC and see what logs you see.

Beyond this you may need to engage support and open a case. Radio (OTA) Packet captures and support information will be required to troubleshoot further.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn

corrado_ravinet
New Contributor II
Hi Omer
this morning,i changed the authentication method from wpa2 to wep, more insecure, but with this system it is working.
VERY STRANGE: i have 2 WR-710N with same firmware release , same client connected beyond, same authentication and same encryptio, BUT only one it's working.

I'am confused.
Now i open a ticket on support center, because for only one the workaround fix the problem.
Bye

Hi Corrado,

Beyond this you may not be able to troubleshoot hence engaging support is a good idea.

Support should be able to find by comparing working vs non-working packet captures collected from AP.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Follow me on LinkedIn