cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printers won't connect to R750

c_wang
New Contributor II

We just upgraded our setup to 5 APs (all running R750), but now our printers won't connect to the internet. All our other devices connect except our printers.

Our printers are HP laserjet M235sdw.

I have one SSID broadcasting on both 2.4 and 5. The printers didn't connect, so I even went and setup another SSID only broadcasting on 2.4. It also didn't work. 

Any help is appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

c_wang
New Contributor II

I turned off wifi6 via Edit WLAN -> Radio Control and the printers still wouldn't connect =( 

anyone else with other ideas I can possibly test?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

For me, it was 802.11r which was preventing my HP laserjet MFP from connecting. HP's WiFi implementation is honestly terrible.

(My new HP MFP has no way of disabling powersaving auto-shutdown when on WiFi, so I've finally ended up installing a wired connection).

Make sure your printer SSID is WPA2 only, and doesn't have 802.11r or 802.11k enabled.

c_wang
New Contributor II

@anthony_rielly

this worked!!!

I created a 2.4GHz network, turned off Fast BSS Transition, Radio Resource Management and also support for 802.11d.

thank you thank you thank you! 

eizens_putnins
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

802.11d you can keep - it is old feature and may be actually useful (some devices can use lower power, when it i snot enabled). So try to turn it on. 

And yes, you should not use 802.11r/k with printers -- they typically not support roaming at all, and fast roaming support may prevent them from connecting at all, as in your case. I suppose, exactly 802.11r/k was the culprit in your case. 

Unfortunately, 802.11r/k is unusable on most network, as most devices doesn't support it, and many have different issues when it is enabled. So for us a standard practice is to disable 802.11r/k and WiFi6 features for now on all networks.

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Could you try connecting this printer to another WiFi and see if it works?

As explained by others, this is mostly a compatibility issue.

If you are not able to find a solution, open a case with support and they will help  you.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn