cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot authenticate or get DHCP address

sparkis_greenbr
New Contributor III
New to Ruckus. Want to simply thorw a static IP on ruckus ap. Have Ruckus AP give out DHCP to clients on single wireless network. Route traffic through Ethernet 2 to firewall. 

Internet - assigned static ip w/ gateway IP as firewall
Local Subnet 1 - assigned static ip (same subnet as Internet) and enabled DHCP server Access VLAN 1
Radio 2G - configured Wireless. Packet Forward - Bridge to WAN
Ethernet Port2 - Enabled Access Port, Bridge to WAN Vlan1

Can someone please point me in the right direction as to what I am doing wrong. I cannot get the Wireless to provide a DHCP address - 

I can also give out DHCP addresses from Firewall. If I do that do I only need to configure Radio and Ethernet Port 2?

Thank you in advance

SJMP
47 REPLIES 47

if you want AP to provide IP from local DHCP server then yes you need to create one...

if you want your fw/gw to give then just leave it packet forward to WAN...

Is WAN the the gateway configured on "Internet" page?

Yes

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
then when you create a local Subnet in the same pool as firewall/gateway subnet. Did you mention about no of DHCP users?

As i did in the screenshot on URL - http://pasteboard.co/yYIn6mW.png

First off - Thank you for the quick replies - appreciate the help.

Let me just review:

"Ethernet Port" 2 Enabled as Access Point / Bridge to WAN
"Internet" static IP w/ GW pointing to Firewall
"Local Subnet" Enabled w/ static IP (same subnet as Internet) & DHCP configured
"Radio 2.4G" Enabled "Bridge to WAN"

Does all of this look correct? Or should I change the packet Forward under "Radio"?

Thanks again

"Ethernet Port" 2 Enabled as Access Point / Bridge to WAN --> ideally - settings on Configure :: Ethernet Ports better left default...
"Internet" static IP w/ GW pointing to Firewall ---> this is ok
"Local Subnet" Enabled w/ static IP (same subnet as Internet) & DHCP configured.. --> this is ok
"Radio 2.4G" Enabled "Bridge to WAN" --> Here packet forward = local subnet NAT and route to WAN. once you set this option, another drop down will show up to select the local subnet you created...

this should be it...apply this and give it a run...