cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneFlex R500 Intermittent Client Disconnects

doug_sutherland
New Contributor II
I'm sure this has been a topic of discussion  but I can't seem to pinpoint an actual fix or root cause. I have 2 R500 AP's running standalone and running firmware version 100.0.0.0.127. Mesh recovery has been disabled. One is manually set for channel 6 and the other for channel 11. I am getting no interference on those channels from any neighboring AP's. The closest one strong enough to cause interference is set to channel 1. The devices are not rebooting as they have been up for over 40 days. The client disconnects occur daily.

One of my issues in trying to troubleshoot this is that the logs are literally filled with the following error message that I believe is unrelated to my current issue.

Cannot notify kernel for DeleteAP (65535) event, -- Address family not supported by protocol (124)

I see a few 802.11 Deauth reason codes or 8 which should be normal when roaming between the 2 AP's. This is most likely peoples phones/tablets. The clients that are disconnecting are laptops and do not roam between the AP's.

Any insight is much appreciated!

-Doug
19 REPLIES 19

andrea_coppini
Contributor II
Doug, what is the client device? Make/model/os version?

seanmuir
Contributor III
If you have Base 100 on the AP's they do not offer roaming i.e. 802.11r/k as they are not aware of each other.

To fix this issue you'll need to use Unleashed

Note: You can enable smart-roam and set the value of the roam to cater for your network:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/answers/000002277

I personally would recommend that you try Unleashed:

http://docs.ruckuswireless.com/unleashed/200.1.9.12/

Bye the way, is this Doug Sutherland that used to be at NbW?

If so Happy New Year Doug, if not Happy New Year anyway 🙂

doug_sutherland
New Contributor II

Andrea - the Dell laptops are all Windows based - Win7 or higher. Did not have any issues with old Linksys wireless router. We just expanded the office so I bought the 2 Ruckus AP's for coverage.

Sean - the R500 Ethernet ports are running at 1G - I can roam between the AP wit no problems. It is the laptops sitting in an office not moving that drops connectivity intermittently. I'm sure the tablet I roam with would drop too if I walked around long enough. Point being - I don't thinks it's associated with roaming. The radio on both AP's have the same SSID.

I'm not the same Doug that was at NbW - but Happy new Year to you too!! 🙂

doug_sutherland
New Contributor II

Goal right now is to remedy whatever is causing this error so I can clear my logs.

"Cannot notify kernel for DeleteAP (65535) event, -- Address family not supported by protocol (124)"