cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneFlex R500 Intermittent Client Disconnects

doug_sutherland
New Contributor II
I'm sure this has been a topic of discussion  but I can't seem to pinpoint an actual fix or root cause. I have 2 R500 AP's running standalone and running firmware version 100.0.0.0.127. Mesh recovery has been disabled. One is manually set for channel 6 and the other for channel 11. I am getting no interference on those channels from any neighboring AP's. The closest one strong enough to cause interference is set to channel 1. The devices are not rebooting as they have been up for over 40 days. The client disconnects occur daily.

One of my issues in trying to troubleshoot this is that the logs are literally filled with the following error message that I believe is unrelated to my current issue.

Cannot notify kernel for DeleteAP (65535) event, -- Address family not supported by protocol (124)

I see a few 802.11 Deauth reason codes or 8 which should be normal when roaming between the 2 AP's. This is most likely peoples phones/tablets. The clients that are disconnecting are laptops and do not roam between the AP's.

Any insight is much appreciated!

-Doug
19 REPLIES 19

Can you download the support file from the AP and got to the bottom and let us see whats going on as opposed to a single as that may help.

Can't do that until tonight Sean but I'll take a look - does the support file have diag info at the bottom?

Ok  the end of the support file is a tail of the log. I'm just trying to find the remedy for the below message as it is literally filling up the log making it difficult to see the messages that matter.

"Cannot notify kernel for DeleteAP (65535) event, -- Address family not supported by protocol (124)"

I have not tried to upgrade to the latest code yet. I have seen threads saying that v 9 is more stable. I assume these kernel events are more firmware related vs a setting being wrong somewhere.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
I came across an article today, refering to an ER-2390 about R500 model (only) AP random reboots, fixed in latest 100.1.0.0.432 standalone image.
https://support.ruckuswireless.com/software/838-standalone-ap-software-100-1-0-0-432-indoor-aps

doug_sutherland
New Contributor II
Thanks Michael - my AP's are not rebooting at all. They have an uptime of over 40 days which is about when I installed them. I'm really trying to get rid of the kernel error listed above - any ideas?