cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneDirector Networking Question

tom_pope_ilkirm
New Contributor
I have a new client that want's a new wireless system.  I had them purchase a ZoneDirector 1200 with a dozen R600 AP's.  

They have several existing VLANs; staff (and phones), infrastructure, Security and A/V.  Currently, all wireless guest access (through a couple netgear wireless routers) is via the 'staff' subnet with a /22 subnet mask.  Bad, bad, bad...

After I've reconfigured the network issues, I want to put all the Ruckus equipment on it's own subnet (10.1.1.0 /24).  Wireless access is only required for the 'staff' and 'guest' networks.

I want to configure it as follows:

Ethernet NIC #1 - This NIC will plug into the 'staff' network (via a switch) and use the default gateway for internet access on their 10 meg ISP circuit.  I want to configure AD integration so staff can authenticate with their AD credentials when accessing via wireless.  This should provide server, printers and internet access.

Ethernet NIC #2 - I want this interface to plug directly into a spare DSL circuit for use for the 'guests' SSID.  I want to use the ZoneDirector's internal DHCP server to handle all guest IP's and route them directly to the DSL circuit.  This should provide internet only access for visitors.

I can handle the all the networking but am unsure if the Ruckus system can do this.  Is it possible?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

Tom
3 REPLIES 3