cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneDirector 1200, smart mesh and different APs

krzysztof_gagac
New Contributor II
Hi,

I am planning to use R510 APs in smart mesh but I would like to use r310/r300 normally connected to the network. Will this all work with ZoneDirector 1200 ? 
10 REPLIES 10

i doubt it will happen as R300/R310 does not have mesh function hence it would be able to offer mesh downlink and uplink service. I have not tested it and please check before making an purchase.

i doubt it will happen as R300/R310 does not have mesh function hence it would be able to offer mesh downlink and uplink service. I have not tested it and please check before making an purchase.

martin_martin
Valued Contributor
Sure that will work.

Regards
Martin

krzysztof_gagac
New Contributor II
One more question which is not strictly related to main topic. What is minimum distance between APs on 2.4 Ghz in your opinion. We are struggling with signal as this is all based in warehouse area with narrow racking and difficult products. 

R310 wil be placed on the wall where r510 next to the ceiling 18m above the ground level. I have a feeling that maximum physical distance that we can put them will be appox. 8m away of each other which can be dangerously close. 

demetris_demetr
New Contributor III
You need at least 2 R510 APs. One for root AP and the other for mesh. Can you say more about the structure of the building? Do you have the option to have a wall between the R310 and R510?