cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZoneDirector 1125 seems to be causing frequent connectivity issues

ryan_dougherty_
New Contributor III
Firmware Version 9.6.1.0 build 15

Infrastructure: I have all my WAPs and ZD on a single VLAN(2) that is uplinked to port X4 on a Sonicwall TZ200. My main LAN, VLAN(1) is uplinked to X0 and the WAN (Internet) is uplinked to X1.

Devices: 1x ZD1125, 17x ZoneFlex 7363, 1x Lenovo ThinkPad T430 (Intel Advanced N 6205), Windows 8.1 x64 Update 1, 1x Lenovo ThinkPad T420 Windows 7 X64 SP1, 1x Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.2.2

I have tested with the 3 client devices so far and they all exhibit the same issues with loss of connectivity/dropped packets at the same time. If I set a ping -t from any/all of the client devices connected via wireless to the ZoneDirector itself, I get 100% reply over 10 minutes time. If I try to ping past the ZD to the Internet or a server on the main LAN during that same timeframe, I get intermittent packet loss and will lose connection to a VPN server and Exchange server frequently and at random times. Each of the wireless devices will display the loss of connectivity at the exact same time. I have also set a ping –t from a hard-wired system on the main LAN to the ZD (passing through X0 to X4 on the Sonicwall) during the same tests and found that the ping also received a 100% reply in the same time frame.

This points to the ZoneDirector as the cause/location of the problem.

How can I fix this issue?
3 REPLIES 3