cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone director 3000 started cold rebooting continuously after upgrade the firmware 9.8.2

raghu_j
New Contributor II
Hi
Zone director 3000 (50 Ap's licensed) which running fine with the firmware 9.7.2,  with the Ap's ZF7962 - 6No's  & ZF7982 - 14 No's, we had recently purchased the additional R700 Ap's.
Since the R700 Ap's support only from the 9.8.1 firmware, we had upgraded the WiFi Controller (ZD-3000) to 9.8.2., the firmware was upgraded successfully, after 5 min the Zone director 3000 started cold rebooting continuously & we were unable to access the controller through WEB & CLI,
Even i tried by remove the power & waited for 5 min, the power on the Controller, it was accessible only for 3-5 min, after that we were not able to access the controller through WEB & CLI,

Can some one please help us what exactly the issue,
8 REPLIES 8

raghu_j
New Contributor II
Hi

The Controller work fine & it never reboot if i remove from the Network,
Also i added only R-700 Ap's still it was working fine, the problem is repeating only when i bring all the ZF7982 Ap's in to production.

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
i "think" one or more AP is sending a corrupt packet to controller which is causing the controller to reboot.

You should work with support to get it fixed. in the meantime, just re-upgrade your controller to same firmware and see if it helps.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Reduce ZD overhead by disabling Real Time Monitoring, Packet Inspection Filter, and/or Application Recognition on your WLANs. To help with troubleshooting, on your Administer/Diagnostics page, check the "Access Points" debug component, and if you have problems with all APs connected to the network again, open a ticket with Support and provide your ZD debug info file for their deeper inspection.

raghu_j
New Contributor II
I Found a issue with one of the AP, this particular AP was going offline intermediately,
I have removed this AP from the network, now everything looks fine & issue has been resolved.