cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired Clients not listed in unleashed

john_armenia
New Contributor II
I have a mesh network with two r510 unleashed.  I have a client connected to the mesh node in the ethernet port (not POE).  It seems to have connectivity and be working but it is not listed under the wired clients in unleashed in the clients section.  When I hover over the info icon, it says "only devices with the authorized status are permitted access to the network". 

How do I go about authorizing the device so it will show up under the wired clients list?
7 REPLIES 7

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi All,

Unleashed GUI only shows wired client when AP's eth ports is/are configured for 802.1x authentication.

If you plug a client on APs eth port and 802.1x auth is not configured on the eth port, wired client details will not display in the GUI and this is as per current design.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

james_rigg
New Contributor II
The heading used in the user interface is "clients" not "authenticated clients" and for that reason it seems to me perfectly reasonable that customers will expect all wired clients to show under the heading "wired clients".

Either the heading wired clients lists all wired clients or the heading and or help text needs correcting.

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi James,

Thank you for the suggestions.

I have notified the PLM team about his for their views and concideration.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn