cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find expected End of Life dates for current APs?

ken_yeh
New Contributor III
I've been searching the various documentation sources for the current range of Ruckus APs, and I'm not having any luck finding anything on anticipated End of Life dates for the R500 to R710 series APs. We are planning out an upgrade for our school, and we would like to know in advance the potential EOL dates for these radios to help us with our planning. We had a negative experience previously when we received an earlier than expected EOL notice very soon after we outfitted our school with ZF7962 APs, and we do not want any surprises this time around.
9 REPLIES 9

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hello Ken,
No, there's no current plan for limited lifetime on these APs. 
Our new model Rxxx, Txxx, Hxxx, Pxxx are a good purchase choice for longevity.

ken_yeh
New Contributor III
Thanks for the reply, Michael. Does this mean that there will be no EOL at all for these APs, or is it simply not announced yet? Again, we want to avoid making a significant purchase and then finding that they will not be supported 5 years from now.

If EOL for these APs was announced tomorrow, what would be the minimum amount of time they would still be fully supported (firmware updates, etc)?

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
That's what our senior Product Marketing manager told me.  We expect this line to be around for quite a while.

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Minimum HW support on announced EoL products is 5 years, SW differs, as outlined in this EoL policy:
http://a030f85c1e25003d7609-b98377aee968aad08453374eb1df3398.r40.cf2.rackcdn.com/support/Standard_En...