Welcome to RUCKUS support forum!
Before we can advise something, could you provide below information.
- Was a site survey done before or after deploying the APs?
- How close APs are connected from each other.
- What are the WLAN settings (WLAN type, encryption type, any additional setting which is not part of default config)?
There could be several reasons for frequent disconnection and unstable connection, and roaming issues. Some common reasons are:
- Poor AP deployment without a pre or post site survey.
- Default configuration may not be suitable for a specific deployment type.
- High interference in the area causing disconnection.
- Frequent channel changes.
- High signal overlapping between the APs which confuses client to decide which AP is better for connection.
Some quick suggestions are:
- Change BSS-Minrate setting under WLAN configuration. Set it to 12 Mbps and see if that improves roaming and stability. If not, then you can also further increase it to 24Mbps.
- Use only 1.6 and 11 channels on 2.4 G radio.
- Set the background scanning for 2.4G radio to 600.
- Enable OFDM only mode in the WLAN settings (if there are no old devices which not supporting 802.11n/ac).
- Enable 802.11r and 802.11k in the WLAN setting (except if WLAN is set to open authentication/encryption).
Tuning the network may fix and optimize the network to an extent. However, major deployment issues may need a post site survey and relocation of the APs and changes to the AP's radio transmission power.
Syamantak Omer | Community moderator | Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RASZA | RICXI | Follow me at https://linkedin.com/in/syamantak-omer-5949b6124