cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed network - client IP isolation

daniel_kuhlman
New Contributor
The unleashed wireless network I'm working on has 3 AP's and four wifi networks. "Acme Studios", "Studio A", "Studio B", and "Studio C". The Acme Studios network is the corporate wifi network and has access to everything. Studio A, Studio B, and Studio C have client isolation turned on and I've created an internet & printer whitelist with 3 IP's on it. 10.0.1.1 (router; for internet), 10.0.1.61 (printer, located in Studio A), and 10.0.1.60 (printer, located in Studio B).

Currently I'm sitting in Studio A and probably connected to the same AP as the printer in Studio A. If I connect to the Studio A network I can ping the printer in Studio B, but not the printer sitting in Studio A.

Basically, if client IP isolation is turned on and a whitelist is added, I'm unable to ping devices connected to the same IP, but can ping devices on the wired network, and devices on other AP's.  Is that the expected behavior?  It seems like IP whitelisting should apply to all devices on the network; regardless of whether or not they're on the same AP.

1 REPLY 1