cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed AP - Suddenlty Factory Reset

marco_eichstet1
Contributor III
Hello,

i have a strange issue which happend two times now.
A few weeks ago Customer told me that two Outdoor-Mesh-APs (T300 Unleashed) are not accessable any more.
We exchanged the APs and Customer shipped the defective APs to me.
I checked the APs. Strange Thing: APs where set to Factory Defaults. There were not defective. After configuring them they worked again without any issues.

Few days ago same issue at this Site but now with two T301s Unleashed.
T301s were not reachable anymore. Customer exchanged the APs and send me the two faulty ones.
After checking the APs, they were Factory Resetted again.

I ask me how the hack the APs can get Factory Resetted by itself?
This APs are mounted at 15m high. Nobody can reach this AP so easily to reset them.
Maybe an consequenz of an thunderstorm? Overload? Can this be possible? Or maybe a wrong grounding?

I don't really have an idea.
Maybe someone else?

Thanks.
KR
Marco
53 REPLIES 53

Ok. I thought about it. It may be that i have seen Factory Resets with 200.3, too.
It may be that my first "factory-resetted" APs were 200.3. Not 100% sure.
But i have the feeling that there are more Resets with 200.4.

Your observation may be true. Yes. My two problematic Sites have also a lot of radar detects. On other Sites where no Factory Reset occours (till now) have no or less radar detects.
Maybe Radard detects (no matter if false positive or not) may trigger "kernel overload" or "Factory Resets".

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
The Bug ID is ER-5664: Unleashed 200.4 Frequent AP kernel panics, and the Developers are checking to see if fix is in potential 200.5 Unleashed (GA), or it certainly will HAVE to be!  I filed the bug.

Thanks for Feedback.
Hopefully 200.5 comes fast.
Yesterday the next Mesh-AP (T300) resetted. This is Number 5 within about 3 Month.

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
looking at entire thread... issue is specific to unleashed based setup, mesh and T300. correct?
do we see this issue on some other model like Unleashed R500 and Mesh...??

marco_eichstet1
Contributor III
Customer Support mentioned that the Bug with ID ER-5664 are also the root cause for my Factory resetted APs.
Bug will be resolved in 200.5.
Customer Support timelined 200.5 for first week of october.
I hope so.