cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unleashed AP - Suddenlty Factory Reset

marco_eichstet1
Contributor III
Hello,

i have a strange issue which happend two times now.
A few weeks ago Customer told me that two Outdoor-Mesh-APs (T300 Unleashed) are not accessable any more.
We exchanged the APs and Customer shipped the defective APs to me.
I checked the APs. Strange Thing: APs where set to Factory Defaults. There were not defective. After configuring them they worked again without any issues.

Few days ago same issue at this Site but now with two T301s Unleashed.
T301s were not reachable anymore. Customer exchanged the APs and send me the two faulty ones.
After checking the APs, they were Factory Resetted again.

I ask me how the hack the APs can get Factory Resetted by itself?
This APs are mounted at 15m high. Nobody can reach this AP so easily to reset them.
Maybe an consequenz of an thunderstorm? Overload? Can this be possible? Or maybe a wrong grounding?

I don't really have an idea.
Maybe someone else?

Thanks.
KR
Marco
53 REPLIES 53

We also see a lot of restarts of the master AP's in our UL networks due to "kernel panics" I submitted a case for that on also (#00552637). We provided logs for hat case also and activated highmem logs on request of Ruckus. I suspect numerous restarts of the master AP form kernel panics triggers somehow the reset of the meshed AP's, but you're the expert.    

marco_eichstet1
Contributor III
So i have test it by myself.
I have two APs (R510 and T300), both Unleashed.
R510 is Root-AP
T300 is Mesh-AP

I simulated Interferences so T300 lost his Mesh-Link to R510.
After some time (i think 30 Minutes) the SSID "island-XXXXXX" comes up.
Resolving the Interferences Mesh-AP comes back only and everything is good.

So i simulated Interfernces again but for a longer period of time (about 48h).
After that, my T300 ist not able to connect any more to my R510.
AP still showing "island-XXXXXX" SSID and is shown as "Disconnected" within my Unleashed GUI.

I don't know after which period of time the Problem comes up. In my case the T300 was disconnected from Mesh-Link about 48h. Maybe this behaviour comes up in much less time.

Next Steps:
I still did not connected the "lost" Mesh-AP to an DHCP enabled Network.
I am pretty sure that the AP get's connected again if i will connect it to my cabled Unleashed Network again.
I don't know what happens if i will connect it to an OTHER DHCP Network where no Unleashed AP exists.

I think i will open a case to clarify how to bring back my Mesh-AP online again without touching (in Customers Case unmounting) it.
There is a SSID "island-XXXXXX" but i did not get manged it to access the AP over that Network.

Thanks.

wopke_weening
New Contributor II
Hi there,

I'm from the Netherlands and we experience the same problems. We have about 20 UL networks each consisting of 4 T300 AP's of which one is connected to a router and the other three AP's are wirelessly meshed. Note that we do use DHCP.
In at least 5 of these 20 networks we experience "spontaneous factory resets" every few weeks or days of some of the meshed AP's.  
DHCP is not the solution for this problem. 

monnat_systems
Valued Contributor II
well this is a indeed a major issue and issue should get priortized to P1...

hyosang_choi
Valued Contributor
This is very very serious issue.

Especially, in mesh network.

Must fix it asap.