cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T710 and T610 running 6.1.1 firmware

mpaine
New Contributor II

I have a bunch of Ruckus T710 and T610 access points that are currently running 5.2.2.0.2069 firmware that I'd like to upgrade to 6.1.1.0.1274 firmware so that they are aligned with our Data Plane. When I trigger an upgrade on our controller for theses APs, the AP seems to complete the firmware upgrade, but then goes into what seems like a boot loop. It will just continually say "[system recovery for target failure]" after the upgrade completes. If I SSH into the AP, I can see that it is running 6.1.1.0.1274 firmware. 

These AP models are said to be compatible with 6.1.1 per the Ruckus upgrade guide. Is there a common reason they would not be successfully upgrading?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mpaine
New Contributor II

It appears to correct this issue, the T710 and T610 models must be upgraded to 6.1.1 and then immediately factory reset and re-provisioned. Once this procedure is done, the rebooting issue stops and the AP functions as normal on 6.1.1 firmware. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Dilshad_Zafar
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @mpaine ,

If you are running 6.1.1 firmware, the recommended AP firmware is AP patch 6.1.1.0.1322 as there are similar known issues related to reboot due to target assert which are fixed in this patch :-

Dilshad_Zafar_0-1710721782218.png

Regards,

Md. Dilshad Zafar | Sr TSE | RCWA | RASZA | RACPA | RUCKUS Networks

-

@Dilshad_Zafar  - this didn't seem to work. I upgraded a T710S to 6.1.1.0.1322 instead of 6.1.1.0.1274 and I still get the same boot looping behavior with the error message "AP was rebooted by the system because of [system recovery for target failure]."

Hi @mpaine , how often is the reboot ? Can you check the uptime of the AP either from the vSZ GUI > AP menu or from the AP CLI "get uptime"?

Regards,

Md. Dilshad Zafar | Sr TSE | RCWA | RASZA | RACPA | RUCKUS Networks