cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartZone 100: APs disconnecting

clayton_taverni
Contributor
We have two SZ-100 controllers and 925 APs.  We normally get one or two APs disconnecting daily (not rebooting, just getting the disconnected message) but over the last week or two, the number of AP disconnects has jumped to 20-30 a day.

Question 1: what does it mean when an AP is disconnected?  I know they're not rebooting so is it just that the controller can't reach them? 

Question 2: What happens to the devices that are connected to them?  Does there network access pause until the AP reconnects?

Question 3: What could be causing this?  A single SmartZone is supposed to be able to handle 1000 APs but looking at our two, the memory usage is steady at 60-70% and the CPUs hit 100% a lot.  And normally our 20-30 disconnects are spread over three or four of our higher traffic sites but this morning, for example, 34 disconnects in two hours at ONE site!

It's probably significant that all the disconnects over the last few weeks are ALL coming from the same controller.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
5 REPLIES 5

Luis
New Contributor

Hello, I know this topic is nearly 5 years old but I'm facing the exact same issue.

We are using a VSZ, and just as Albert described it, we noticed that when the controller reaches 100% of CPU, ALL APs drop (about 60 APs), then start reconnecting slowly (and keep dropping from time to time). We didnt have any issues on firmware version 5, but once we upgraded to 6.1, this started happening. We have drastically increased the resources in the VM, they are more than enough and more than the minimum requirement.

Did you find a reason / solution for this?

We are really struggling with this.

Thanks