cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a internet only guest network on R610

matt_cioffi
New Contributor II
We purchased an R610 Zoneflex indoor AP for a skating rink to provide both internet only access for our members and internet and office access for our staff.  I'm new to Ruckus devices, I like the performance so far, it seems great.  But what I need to do is add the isolated network for just the members.  Can I do that directly on the device?  Do we need something else, other software, vlans on a switch?  We are only using the FIOS gateway router as a firewall.  Can I use the "Local Subnets" on the 610 to do this?
Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

Matt,   So you just have a regular Zoneflex R610 right? I'm guessing you guys are using standalone firmware right?  If so you can convert that to an unleashed AP.  You can download the unleashed firmware here.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/products/103-ruckus-r610#firmwares

recommend that you downloaded the last version of firmware 200.6.x firmware since any firmware of 200.7.x version has issues with iOS devices where the downloads are slow. 

You flash the R610 in the firmware upgrade section in the standalone version. 

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Matt,

Please contact your Ruckus re-seller and share your interest regarding Unleashed and they should be able to help you or contact Ruckus sales team.

https://www.ruckuswireless.com/contact

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

matt_cioffi
New Contributor II
If I flash it to unleashed do I need to purchase anything to set it up an manage it?  I'mnot quite clear on the unleashed versus cloud versus the management device.  I have been using Ubiquity devices a lot and that controller software is free.  In this case I wanted something different and the Ruckus features fit with the need the club has.  

Yeah i’m familiar with ubiquity devices. Do you guys use Unifi APs? And if so what? Also what router do you currently have?

We are using the Verizon fios quantum gateway. I have a router flashed with fresh tomato that I was using for wifi, but it was not up to the task.
Mostly I have been using the mesh UAP-AC-M devices.