cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rukus heartbeat loss

Tspilinek
New Contributor

I have two rukus access points and every twelve hours I get a heartbeat loss message. I have restarted and unplugged my system several times and updated firmware. None of this has resolved the issues. Can someone help? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

@Tspilinek 
Seems like you are using Unleashed setup. In Unleashed it will be Master and Member setup, where 1 will ack as Master and rest will be Members.
All the Members will be connected to Master and Master will manage all the Members.
The GUI what you get access is Master's.

When the Heartbeat loss occurs, means the Members are not able to communicate with Master. It could be one of the below between the Member and Master.
1. Ping loss.
2. Latency.
3. Master is rebooting.

You can check the below details from one of the member AP CLI at the AP at the time of issue and check the below details?
    a. Use command "get director" to see the Masters IP.
    b. Make sure the status is in "Run" state.
    c. Ping the Master's IP and see if the response is fine.

d. Make sure the Master AP is not rebooted at the time of issue.
    e. AP is still connected to the controller from the command "get scg" (If SZ\vSZ) or "get director" (If ZD).

You can also open a support case if you are not convenient to check these details. We will help you to sort the issue.

@sanjay_kumar 

Hello. Yes this is happening to all AP at the same time. Every 12 hours exactly. I pinged and everything is fine. What is the controller? Is that the switch?