cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus guest access redirect problem

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III
Hi all,

I am facing a problem when setup guest access with no authentification and without ssl cert installed. In URL redirect, I am using redirect to the following URL : www.google.com.

During test, guest will facing "Your connection is not private" error . Guest can not surf internet. I would like to know if I select "redirect to the url that user intend to visit ", will this solve "Your connection is not private".

Thanks.

Alan
5 REPLIES 5

victor_cenac
Contributor
First, if you want to redirect the client to a different url, then try and see what happens.
What I don't understand is what is a guest WLAN without authorization. You're describing just a plain open WLAN. Guest WLAN implies some kind of authentication, performed over a web captive portal. The user connects and their browser gets redirected to the login url. Hence the need for a second redirection after the user logs in.
If you want to have an open public WKAN, just create a simple WLAN with no password.

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I would like to setup guest access without any authorization and restrict them from access internal corporate website. With the help of restrict subnet. It work. If I am using simple wlan with no password and using l3 acl, they still can view internal computer name in their network location. That is why I need guest access with restrict subnet.

Thanks

Alan

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III
The error show on mobile phone is HSTs errorImage_ images_messages_5f91c43c135b77e2479d54c0_630c7ffa37a5c80dad7c56a3fff7475e_RackMultipart201811255725119tj-03d8d0fe-6730-4d51-983a-bb28fa16b1f3-251938393.jpg1543145852

alan_tam_ell5st
New Contributor III
Any solution for this, thanks