cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus drop wifi with mikrotik

Arclo
New Contributor

Hello,

I have 1 Ruckus R510 access point and i am looking to connect 1 Mikrotik hap in wifi

The hap retrieves wifi as if it were in mesh mode.Except that instead of serving as a wifi extender, I would like my ethernet ports to be from the network.

I put the WLAN (Where my wifi arrives) and my ethernet ports on the same bridge.

And it doesn't work. I have this problem only with a Ruckus, I tried with another access point and it worked

Do you have any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

Parik_MN
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello @Arclo

Could you let me know if the shared command helped? If yes, follow the steps mentioned below in vSZ.

1. Directed DHCP feature is reboot persistent and can be run through AP CLI script in vSZ. Navigate to Diagnostics Tab >> Scripts >> AP CLI Script, to run the AP CLI commands on all connected Access Points.
2. To disable Directed Multicast/Broadcast threshold, you can set the value to 0 in WLAN Config under Advanced Options.

Parik_MN_0-1691065248208.png

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Parik

Arclo
New Contributor

Hey, I tried the method you gave me.
It works, but I have a huge loss of ping from the mikrotik, and also when 2 devices are connected, it means that 1 goes first and the other goes second and therefore there is high latency on 1 of 2 computers.

Parik_MN
RUCKUS Team Member

Hi @Arclo

Good to know it works. For further troubleshooting we might need to focus on wireless link speed and AP uplink speed. Could you please make sure AP has 1000 MBPS Ethernet uplink?

To know the link speed between AP and HAP, run below AP CLI command. Also check if the HAP is connected to 5Ghz radio for better wireless link speed.

get mcsrate <WLAN-ID> <HAP_MAC>

Regards,

Parik