cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus WIPS & Location Tracking

neranjan_dissan
New Contributor
Does Ruckus provide advanced Wireless IPS and client location tracking services? If not does Ruckus have any partnerships with third party vendors?
3 REPLIES 3

munish_munish
Contributor
Hi Neranjan,

SPOT server : smart positioning solution .

SPoT is designed to work with either a ZoneDirector or RuckOS controller ,along with supported Access Points running a supported controller AP firmware. With accurate indoor positioning that is cost-effective, and simple to deploy and use.

SPOT server : smart positioning solution .

SPoT Positioning Engine - pinpoints in real time a user's location in any RuckusWiFi-enabled environment.
• SPoT Location Analytics Dashboard - delivers a rich set of client location  information.
• SPoT Engagement Tools - including a set of APIs to power a new generation of  mobile apps. These tools  empower developers to build "Location  Intelligent"  features into a new generation of mobile applications

Thanks 
Munish

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
And WIPS is available under ZoneDirector, Configure/WIPS to detect and defend against denial of service or rogues.  However, WiFi uses unlicensed frequencies and negotiating amicably to share air with your neighbors is recommended over use of WIPS.

neranjan_dissan
New Contributor
Thanks all for providing me with answers. I appreciate the help given. All the info was very valuable to me.  :))