Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unleashed and vrrp setup

anton_kuzmin
New Contributor III
Hi! 
I have follow setup in my country house:
1) Fiber internet coming to garage
2) Backup LTE Huawei modem on my bedroom.
I have first mikrotik on Fiber enter, and second with LTE modem.
Also i deploy 4 ruckus unleashed ap (2-720, 1-610, 1-T310).
All working fine, but i want to setup redundacy -when my fiber chanel drops, transfer to LTE, and wise  a versa.
I found VRRP (virtual router) as a solution - it just change additional IP address on 1 or 2 router with special protocol - for example 192.168.1.254. 
So - 1 router initially has address 192.168.1.1  +192.168.1.254, second router has address 192.168.1.2. Gateway for network 192.168.1.254.
When fiber router down by some reason - situation changes, and 1 router has only 192.168.1.1, but second has 192.168.1.2 + 192.168.1.254.
This address transfer working fine, but only issue is rebuilding unleashed network while reboot router.
Actually i have wireless bridge by Ruckus between router 1 and router 2.
And when power down and restore - i have 2 separate unleashed network with main gateway 192.168.1.254. one - in segment of router 1, and second - in segment of router 2.
And issue that this 2 networks can't become one.
Is anybody meet same issue?
3 REPLIES 3

sunny_gupta
Contributor II
VRRP will not work if your devices (APs) don't have direct L2 access to both gateways.
I suggest putting a switch in front of the 2 routers and connecting devices to the switch rather than directly.  Set your default gateway to the virtual address 192.168.1.254 on all devices.

anton_kuzmin
New Contributor III
thank you for reply!
Unfortunatelly my routers are in different location without ability to use wired connection.
I use ruckus unleashed as a bridge.
If i just setup VRRP over working unleashed network - all works fine. If main router lose internet connection - backup LTE start share and everething working fine. One internet return to fiber channel - VRRP switchs to main rounter.
But when i try to reboot unleashed network - in just working on rebulds withoud end.
I afraid thats becouse mesh AP can't become master AP. so - in case of rebuilding wireless bridge - both AP has access to internet with one address 192.168.1.254 and therefore can't build mesh network - like 2 masters with access to the internet throu 2 different channels....
on mikrotik bridge don't rely on internet connection and works fine without issues on power failure

anton_kuzmin
New Contributor III
I have wireless bridge on unleashed 
and issue is that my wiress client, connected to master or root ap in one segment - cant ping ever Mesh AP in other part or wireless bringe.Internet working fine - access in second segment.