cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus Unleashed R510's constant heartbeat loss

amar_farooqi
New Contributor III
I moved into a new construction home about 6 months ago (amazon smart home) that came with three Ruckus AP's. I am experiencing heartbeat loss about every hour. It becomes difficult to work. I have been on the phone with ruckus customer support for months trying to figure out the heartbeat loss issue and i have gotten no where. We replaced the switch and that has not helped. We have updated the firmware. We have ran tests for over 24 hours. Have gotten no where and I still have constant heartbeat loss issue.

Can anyone help how we can have a steady wireless connection without our wifi disconnecting every hour? This issue is driving me insane.
43 REPLIES 43

OK, log into your unleashed device, go to Services>Radio Control> Back Ground Scanning
Uncheck the options, or set them out further like 9000 seconds. That's where I like to keep them.
Continue from here to Services>Radio Control> Client Load Balancing, make sure those options are unchecked!

Thank you. i set it to 9000 seconds. And yes the options in Client Load Balancing are unchecked. 

Lets see if it helps. Is it possible the issue could be my router?

I am hoping the heartbeat and the WiFi performance bits are not related. If I were testing this, and attempting to get to the bottom of the issue, I would plug a device into the CP12, and likely use PingPlotter and try to monitor three distinct points in the network.
  1. ping from the device to the CP12's IP address
  2. ping from the device to a non-sleeping client on the wifi (this can be tricky)
  3. ping from the device to each of the APs
  4. ping the "gateway"
  5. ping the wan Gateway
With Ping Plotter, you'll soon get graphs relating to the interrupts. With this data, you should be able to cross-reference missed ping events against the "heart Beat Lost" messages, and the graphs will give you a visual way to see which devices are affected.

Also, has your Wi-Fi dropped since you made the settings change? 

@Andrew Giancola
So I took your advice to change the following settings:
Services>Radio Control> Back Ground Scanning
Uncheck the options, or set them out further like 9000 seconds.

I can say I have not got any heartbeat loss for a couple of days! So it seems to change the background scanning to 9000 has been successful so far. I will keep monitoring it but before I was getting heartbeat loss every hours/2 hours but I have not experienced it for a couple of days as of yet. 

Do you still suggest I do the ping tests you referenced in your last post?
I really appreciate your help.