cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruckus 7731 and VLAN operation

andreas_georgio
New Contributor III
Hello to all, I have a question I would like to ask... The 7731 wireless bridge is, according to the specs, able to handle multiple VLAN instances. Lets say that I want to create a bridge that will connect two buildings together... By configuring my switches on both sides of the bridge with VLANs, will there be connectivity for these new VLAN subnets and be able to travel from one site to the other? Do I need to make any changes on the 7731 bridge's configurations to allow VLANs to pass over the bridge or will this be done automatically or am I only supposed to configure VLANs on my switches and set the link from each switch -> bridge as a trunk???

I have only found information on how to setup ToS and dot1p classifications... I suppose the wireless bridge will pass VLAN information automatically, but I would like to know if I am missing something...

Thank you in advance for your help...
1 REPLY 1

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
You're correct Andreas, no further configuration than having the VLANs defined on the trunk ports of your switches on both sides that 7731s bridge between.
Enabling QoS will insure that packet CoS/ToS are passed through unchanged.