cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverting Zone Director Firmware Upgrade to R700 back to Standalone without Support Contract

Piet
New Contributor III

Wondering about:

Reverting Zone Director Firmware Upgrade to R700 back to Standalone without Support Contract

I'm a Linux kernel engineer playing around with a Zone Director 3000 and five  R700 AP.s

The Zone Director installed ZD-specific firmware and I see the GUI on the R700 no longer

has the option of installing firmware. I'm curious if a hardware reset will just reset the data

of the current ZD firmware, like on a cell phone or other devices I've developed, or if the original

firmware is kept that is designed for stand-alone and will put the R700's back to the state

they were in when I bought them. Seems like a much better design to go back to standalone but

I suppose it would require a bit more flash. Hope it's not necessary to do a TFTP install. I have other

access points that seem to have been bricked by dropping into TFTP boot mode and no documentation

on handling that. The Ruckus gear looks to be top quality and I think likely reverts back to the

stand-alone firmware. Could be dependent on using the hardware reset button vs using a CLI cmd line command.

-piet delaney

Piet Delaney
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Vineet_nejwala

@Piet 

I have answered this query on the other topic we discussed on. Let me know if you still have any doubts.

Best Regards

Vineet

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Vineet_nejwala

@Piet 

I have answered this query on the other topic we discussed on. Let me know if you still have any doubts.

Best Regards

Vineet