cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement suggestions for R310?

dane_holland
New Contributor III

This question is for users of this forum. I have an aging R310, and while it's working fine, I feel it's time to replace it. Not getting software updates anymore, amongst other things.

Replacements are expensive, but I want to buy new. I have a single story 1800ish sq ft home that needs to be covered. The 310 is centrally located and has worked fine, so I think a single device to replace it will be sufficient. Any suggestions? Strictly non-work traffic from phones, laptops and TVs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I bought a new R650 which I managed to get at a reasonable price on eBay. I can’t compare it to the R350 but looking at the spec sheet I think the R350 would perform equally as well for my clients (which cannot handle a 160Mhz channel bandwidth). I also can’t imagine that any company would release new hardware that performed worse than the model it replaces and expect to do well out of it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Squozen
Contributor II

Isn’t the R350 the logical replacement? Am I missing something?

dane_holland
New Contributor III

That's why I'm asking 🙂

I have no idea if the R350 is the way to go, or if I should go bigger, or ..? The spec sheet is one thing, but I think hearing practical experience from users of the equipment is much better.

I bought a new R650 which I managed to get at a reasonable price on eBay. I can’t compare it to the R350 but looking at the spec sheet I think the R350 would perform equally as well for my clients (which cannot handle a 160Mhz channel bandwidth). I also can’t imagine that any company would release new hardware that performed worse than the model it replaces and expect to do well out of it. 

dane_holland
New Contributor III

Turns out finding any Ruckus AP is damnn near impossible as it is. I'd rather not buy used. Frustrating.