cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R760 and POE negotiation with Cisco 9200 switch interface.

brian_koomen
New Contributor III

Can anybody tell me how or why we are unable to get r760 APs to pull the correct power from a CISCO 9200 switch interface?

We have enabled "power 2-event" on the interface which will provide class 4 on power on the interface.  Is the R760 considered to be a class 4 device?

I know the Cisco 9200 only put out a max of 30 watt (802.3at - Class 4 device) per interface but the R760 does allow operation at 25.5 watts.

Had opened a support ticket with Ruckus and the only thing that worked was to manually set the power configuration on the R760 using the "set  power-mode at" command and then rebooting the AP. 

This is a pain to have to do this with every R760......  Does anyone know how or what configuration need to be set on the Cisco switch to get the R760 to automatically pick up the power being delivered to it?

What protocol does  R760 use to negotiate power CDP or LLDP?

Any help would be appreciated....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brian_koomen
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply.   I suspected as much.   

I figured out my issue.......had to not only get LLDP running (LDDP RUN) on the switch but to also configure it on the actual interface that the AP plugs into (LLDP RECEIVE and LDDP TRANSMIT)......   

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4