cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R710 cannot migrate from ZD3050 to sVZ 6.1.1

gsfakian
New Contributor III

Hi to all, the title describes my problem... i have managed to migrate 21 r710 but one insists not to migrate... It starts to accept the firmware from the sVZ but fails... I manually flash the stand alone firmware and after that the ZD starts auto adoption and readopts it by flashing back the ZoneDirector firmware 10.1.1.0.42. Access point seems to work fine... any proposals?

thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I had already opened a case.. and finally problem solved. Ruckus support rocks!.. The problem was that the certificate file was completely missing from the AP and it was not possible to upload it from GUI. It was showing that the procedure was done but nothing happened in the end. So the solution was to "feed" manualy firmware 6.1.1.0.1274 which probably contains certificate and after that controller adopted it!.. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Ayush_Tripathi
RUCKUS Team Member

Hello @gsfakian 

Could you please do the hard-reset on the AP and upload the standalone version 114.0.0.0.6565 on the AP and use the below command to connect the AP on the vSZ.

#set scg IP <IP address of the controller>

Hi, thanks for your answer.. I think this was the version of stand alone I flashed. I will confirm to you . Also hard reset you mean the button? Isn't the same but giving set factory command? Because it is based at remote site and in a difficult place to access... Thanks

@gsfakian Yes you can use the set-factory command as well on the AP CLI

Thanks again, did that... seems that it is not adopted... i got into the ap from http all seem normal... get scg gives:

------ SCG Information ------
SCG Service is enabled.
AP is not managed by SCG.
State: CONN_GET_ADDR_STATE
Server List: 10.50.49.3
No SSH tunnel exists
Failover List: Not found
Failover Max Retry: 2
DHCP Opt43 Code: 6
Server List from DHCP (Opt43/Opt52): 10.50.49.3
SCG default URL: RuckusController
SCG config|heartbeat intervals: 30|30