cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R700 in a 3000 sqft home

victor_thomas_6
New Contributor
Hi,

I was recently introduced to your products by my AV installer and he recommended perhaps 2 access points for our home. One located centrally and another in our outdoor kitchen to provide coverage to the pool area.

Of course I want the R700, but at that price, I definitely don't want 2 of them. What kind of coverage would I expect from an R700 located in the center of a 3000sqft ranch style home? The pool area would be about another 1000sqft most likely.

Also, would the R700 tolerate an attic location in Orlando, FL?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

I have r700 in a 2500 sq feet home. The highest speed I achieve is 40 Mb/s. It can be as low as 5 Mb/s. These numbers are achieved with iPhone 6 on 5ghz band. So do not worry about crazy speeds.

john_d
Valued Contributor II
Wow, you might benefit from a support ticket or some more investigation. I get a solid 300-400mbit LAN speeds and 120mbit internet speeds, and the worst speed observed is 20mbit to 30mbit on 5GHz from 2 floors down and 300ft away from the AP, using an R700.

Also testing with an iPhone 6. And I live in an apartment complex with 188 rogue AP's detected.