cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R700 + 9.8 = 5 GHz Radio issues?

brian_hoyt_6612
Contributor
It appears there a re significant problems with R700 5 GHz radio that have existed in code base since 9.8 was released and they continue or are even worse in 9.8.2. The radios rebooted, background scanning / channelfly doesn't work and now my clients just mysteriously drop off. For now I have disabled the 5 GHz radios on R700 to get reliable coverage which means I don't have 802.11ac of course. This is happening on all sort of devices. Has anyone else seen similar issues? I will open a case when I can troubleshoot it and not disturb clients.
24 REPLIES 24

john_d
Valued Contributor II
While I agree that I'm looking forward to R500/600/700 reaching feature parity with the 802.11N Ruckus lineup, I don't think the lack of these specific features explains why you had to resort to disabling the 5GHz radio altogether for reliability.

While ATF and prioritization and background scanning are great features to have, the lack of them shouldn't spell doom for your network.

scott_dean_7061
New Contributor II
We too are experiencing these same issues. We are a new Ruckus customer and rolled out redundant ZD 3050 controllers and just shy of 200 r700s in the fall 2014. After many support cases and firmware versions (9.8.2.0 build 24 is the latest attempt) that are supposed to address the software problem, we have disabled the 5GHz radios. We’ve decided to give up performance for stability.

We’re cautiously optimistic for the 9.10 release but my confidence that this resolves our issues lessens by the day.

Ouch, makes my 5 R700 seem insignificant. Glad to know I am not alone even if others have to suffer. Please comment if you make any progress.

Oh two more questions, I am guessing that build was private for your testing? Have you tried 9.9 at all, any better?

9.8.2.0.24 is a custom build with the latest R700 fixes, that are not yet in 9.9.
If you are having problems and need this firmware, please contact Tech Support.