cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R560 DPSK3

GilJohnson
New Contributor

According to the Ruckus website, the Ruckus WIFI 6E/7 device claims to support DPSK3.

Such as R560 and R770.

https://www.commscope.com/product-type/enterprise-networking/wireless-access-points/indoor/r560/

https://www.ruckusnetworks.com/blog/2023/introducing-the-ruckus-r770/

GilJohnson_0-1703143257460.png

But when I chose WPA3 encryption on the latest version of Smartzone, the DPSK tab vanishes.

GilJohnson_0-1703204845069.png

The firmware version of R560 is 118.2.0.0.875.

The version of SmartZone is 6.1.2.

What I want to know is whether the latest version of smartzone supports DPSK3?
If not, when will a supported version be released?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

My understanding from support is 7.0.0 is ONLY for the R770 AP. The latest for the R650 is 6.x, and I'm not presented with any option to upgrade to 7.0. 

Hello @Rucky860,

Other APs will be supported in March time frame (tentative), I will update if there are any changes.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

How is this working and not breaking the entire point regarding how SAE works in WPA3?  It seems like you need transition mode so that the system can make a client use WPA2??  How is this working?!

@syamantakomer Is there any timeline for Unleashed support for WPA3-DPSK? Does Ruckus WPA3-DPSK implementation require mixed WPA2/3 mode to be active, or can DPSK implementation operate in strict WPA3 mode?

I'm asking these questions as some of our deployments are in secure environments where we need to certify WPA3-only with no WPA2/3 mixed mode due to security reasons. 

It’s a complete farce. These guys are professing half truths saying dpsk and wpa3 work when in reality it really really doesn’t. 

no replies or details on what makes this happen. All I can find is “Canadian magic” on some wireless conference video session.