cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R510 Factory Reset Incomplete or Hung?

brian_hiatt_529
New Contributor III
I have a "new to me" R510 access point that I can't seem to get into.

I've done the hold the reset button for over 6 seconds procedure several times now.

If the unit is on my lan via a port on my PoE switch, it gets an IP from my DHCP server, and also sets up the Configure.me-xxxx Wireless lan.

But I can not ssh or get https to respond on the IP issued by my DHCP server.  It does respond to ping though.  I have verified that the IP address I'm pinging has a MAC address that matches the MAC address on the R510's label, so I know I've got the right IP.

If I connect to the Configure.me-xxx SSID with the unit's serial number as the password, it doesn't issue an IP address to my client.

If I bring it up directly connected to my PC using a POE injector, it configures itself with the 192.168.0.1 IP address and using a hard coded 192.168.0.10 address on the PC I can ping it, but again I can't get SSH or https to respond at 192.168.0.1.  Connecting a client to the Configure.Me-xxxx WiFi network works, but the client doesn't get issued an IP address and I can not connect to the unit.

I don't know the history of this unit, nor what firmware level it is running other than it must be some version of Unleashed due to the Configure.Me-xxxx wireless lan it creates.

Are there any other tricks I could try to get this unit to try and respond?

Thanks,
Brian
18 REPLIES 18

Yes, but there is no route to 192.168.0.1/24 from 169.254.10.54/16.  I can't get there.

I don't think Unleashed is passing that IP, it is self assigned APIPA IP by client it self .

To get a route to 192.168.0.1/24, you have to manually configure the IP on your device while you are connected to wireless and then access unleashed.ruckuswireless.com or 192.168.0.1

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

ok, now I see what you're getting at.

Power up using just the POE injector with no ethernet.  I get blinking power and ctl.  Set WiFi adapter to 192.168.0.10/24 manually, set gateway and DNS to 192.168.0.1.  Connect to Configure.Me-29ED40 SSID using serial number as password.

Can not ping 192.168.0.1
DNS times out looking for unleashed.ruckuswireless.com and can't bring it up in a broswer.

Hi Brien,

I think its the time to replace this AP as It could be faulty.

Regards,
Syamantak Omer

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

Don't know how this ended, but did you have any luck?