cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P300 / Link status down

marcel_wichern
New Contributor

Hello,

our pair consisting of two P300s (firmware: 100.1.0.9.62) does not establish a link via wireless LAN.
The following entry appears again and again in the log file of the non-root bridge:

Apr 24 18:48:35 RuckusWB daemon.notice meshd[713]: Err 16 Failed to start scan
Apr 24 18:48:36 RuckusWB daemon.notice meshd[713]: wiredm_pick_wired_vs_wireless: Disqualified proposed_uplink b/c gw_detected=1
Apr 24 18:48:36 RuckusWB daemon.notice meshd[713]: uplink(wired=0)=null(0.0) best_wired=null(0.0) proposed=null( ,0.0,0.0)
Apr 24 18:48:36 RuckusWB daemon.notice meshd[713]: Advertise IF_code=- depth=- depth=1 downlinks=0 reason=

I have already checked the configuration for wireless LAN (channel, SSID, encryption) several times. I also reset the devices to factory defaults, which unfortunately didn't help either.

The P300s are supposed to establish a connection between two locations and are connected to the Ethernet port of the respective firewall.

3 REPLIES 3

Vineet_nejwala
Hello Marcel,

Looking at the logs I can suggest a couple of things as below :

1) Assign one static channel on both units and make sure the distance configured is correct.

2)  Leave the GW address in the NRB blank.

If after making above changes it still does not work try the below :

3) Try disabling the working eth port of NRB.
rkscli: set eth eth0 disable

4) Make sure if NRB is connected to the POE port on switch it is not learning GW address from wired interface. 

The above should help but If all the above does not help kindly log a case with Ruckus TAC.

You can open a case either by online using below link and filling your details:

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/cases/new

or you can call our support line and an Admin team member would log a case for you as per your details provided.

https://support.ruckuswireless.com/contact-us

Best Regards
Vineet

marcel_wichern
New Contributor
Hello Vineet,

removing the default Gateway from NRB resolves my issue and the Link comes up.

Thank you

Vineet_nejwala
Hello Marcel,

I am Glad that issue is resolved.

Best Regards
Vineet