cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSX Clients Connected to AP, but not passing traffic

jason_davis_793
Contributor
Anyone else experiencing issues with OSX clients connecting to APs, then randomly not being able to pass traffic/browse the internet?

We're seeing this primarily with OSX 10.11 clients. We have ZD1200s and R710s running 9.13.1

Ruckus support's latest fix was enabling Proxy ARP or upgrading to Sierra. But we just experienced the same issue with a Sierra device.
59 REPLIES 59

erick_arroyo
New Contributor
Hello everyone.

Recently I have the same issue with the explanation like @Joseph LoBianco , exactly the same. I have put sniffers on layer 3 and captures on layer 2 and with that I could observe that the ARP packets are mal-formed when that are forwarding by the APs, this issue is only for versión zd1200_9.13.3.0.41.ap_9.13.3.0.41. The fix is applying ARP PROXY over every SSID, however isn't a root cause fix. The problem is a bug reported in latest versions refer to the modifications over ARP packets when that is forwarding by every Access-Point.

A possible root cause fix is upgrading the ruckus controller to the version zd1200_9.13.3.0.106.ap_9.13.3.0.106. this version is recommended by ruckus But sincerely I'm won't applied this version now because i need at least two critical weeks with a stable wifi.

Regards

stephen_schilli
New Contributor
Has anyone resolved this issue.
We are seeing something very similar at one of our clients sites.

Macs only dropping connection about every 10 minutes, and turning the WiFi off and back on resolves it.

Thanks,
Stephen

Have you implemented any of the various fixes listed in this thread? I.e. Proxy ARP, upgrade to 10.12.4+, upgrade to Ruckus v10...

I'm still seeing these type of issues with SmartZone 5.1.2. It can be very difficult to demonstrate this effect but we definitely can tell when a client is no longer responding to network pings or passing data.

You're adding onto a 2+ year old thread Andrew.
Can you open a ticket with our TAC, and they will ask to collect an AP support info when a client is reporting a problem.
That might be necessary to understand if it's Apple again, or something on our side, thanks.