cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not transmitting the "configure.me-xxxxxx" network.

peter_knowles_4
New Contributor II
Hi I'm installing 3 x Ruckus H510 unleashed. First one setup nicely as hopefully the Master & working fine. I have a problem with setting up the 2nd H510 as when I plug the LAN cable into the POE, power light is a steady green, both the 2.4 & 5 lights are amber BUT on the PC or MAC the H510 is not publishing the "configure.me-xxxxxx" network (I believe it did once briefly but now it's vanished). Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

karthik
RUCKUS Team Member
Hi Peter,

The 2nd and 3rd H510 once plugged into same VLAN as Master AP, will cluster with Master and follow the config of master. So configure-me SSID will vanish automatically once clustered with master, since AP is not unconfigured anymore.

HTH
Karthik.

Thanks
Karthik.

peter_knowles_4
New Contributor II
Ahh, well now there's a thing. Just checked it & you're spot on Karthik.
One last question, so am I correct that I setup a single or indeed multiple SSID's on the master & then the master intelligently passes these to the most efficient H510 (master, 2 or 3) depending on my movement around the property?
Thanks again in advance.

karthik
RUCKUS Team Member
Happy that explanation helped. 
Configurations and monitoring (SSID/AP settings/Switch) are centrally done from master AP. Other APs will follow the master's configurations. So One single UI for all APs in the property.
When you move around with a smartphone, phone roams from one ap to another, Since config and client info/stats are centrally managed by the master, roaming will be seamless.

HTH.

Thanks
Karthik.

peter_knowles_4
New Contributor II
Thanks again Karthik - yet again a very clear piece of clarification - appreciate it!