cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not enough electricity power provided with AP warning ?

george_wang_cdz
New Contributor III
After upgrading to Unleashed 200.8, my PoE switch powered R610 showing "Not enough electricity power" warning ? I am sure my PoE switch can provide both 802.3af and 802.3at power output and my R610 works well with both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz SSID running. any idea ? 
39 REPLIES 39

@rajiv_kumar How it is impacting the network?

As per my understanding, functionality should not be impacted but throttled, depending upon provided POE power to the AP.

Try to set the AP power manually from Unleashed GUI, set to the highest supported power as per your switch/POE injector. See if that fixes the issue.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

nick_s
New Contributor III

Sadly this is still an issue with my R720 and Brocade ICX6450.  Even manually enabling 802.3AT mode on the AP it still functions at 802.AF power levels.  I've tried enabling LLDP on both the switch and AP to no avail.  Really frustrating.

Hi Nick,

R720 supports 3 power modes, AF/AT/PoH.

If you have configured it on at, you may still get alert, however, as long as AP is getting AT power, it should function just fine.

SSH into the AP and run below command to check the status.

get power-mode

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

nick_s
New Contributor III

I have it forced to 802.3at mode and the get power-mode command shows this, however it will not use more than 9.4w of power even though the switch is providing 30w.  It also only runs 2x2 wireless channels. 

CRSR
New Contributor III

Just saw this thread after I started one regarding what switches are actually compatible with Ruckus because no switch I've tried will negotiate with the R850's and I can see them only drawing 11-12 watts.  Performance is absolutely horrific and nothing I've tried will actually get them to use more power (on Unleashed 200.10).  Sure I can set them to force bt power, but they don't actually do anything other than make the warning disappear.  Power still sits at 11 watts.  Happens on a Dell N3200 switch and a Cisco SG350X-48MP switch.  Both have more then enough power, the APs just refuses to use it.  Given the amount of threads regarding poor performance with the later APs, I'm starting to think the underlying issue is because these AP's are not negotiating power correctly.