cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Power ruckus r700

chitu_alexandru
New Contributor II
Hello, first of all i want to say i am a newbie at this chapter with routers but I have a problem. I have a ruckus r700 and whe. I plug The internet cable its not working, but The others working perfextly, its something wrong with The cabble? Because when i connect the router elsewhere its working... Have a good Day!
6 REPLIES 6

paul_mcguire_20
Contributor
What switch are you using? The r700 takes more power than the smaller access point. I had a problem where the bigger AP put my switch over its power budget.

chitu_alexandru
New Contributor II
Can you detail a little bit about The switch? It takes Power from the internet cable, like this it is the whole are, when i plug a adaptor of 12 volts, IT is working but the router doest take the internet, i dont know what else to do

victor_cenac
Contributor
Salut Chitule!
APs receive power over the Ethernet cable from the switch it is connected to. This is called Power Over Ethernet. POE. Not all switches are POE capable and some that are, only have a few POE ports and the rest are non POE. If you connect your AP to a non POE port, than there will be no power supplied to it.
Even if all the ports are POE capable, as some other responders pointed to, it is possible that all your APs are exceeding the total power output capacity of the switch.

chitu_alexandru
New Contributor II
Understand that but when i plug 12V adaptor and after that The internet cable, nothing, just Power and another light, but no internet. When i connect the cable to my laptop, have internet without problem, but when i put în router, nothing.