cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbor reports/802.11k missing on 5GHz?

beetlrokr
New Contributor

I'm running two sites with Unleashed 200.14.6.1.203. Site1: 4 hardwired AP's, 4 Wi-fi Networks; Site2: 3 hardwired and 1 mesh, 1 Wi-fi Network.

In both sites, background scanning is enabled in System->Services->Radio Control for both bands, and both Background Scanning and 802.11k Neighbor-list Report enabled for all Wi-Fi networks. All AP's have both 2.4 and 5GHz enabled. 

I've tried changing the Background Scanning interval to various values from 60s to 3600s.

The problem: I don't see the expected neighbor 5GHz channels in the Access Point->Show AP Info->Neighbor AP's list. Here's what I see:

Site 1: each AP has all neighbor AP's 2.4GHz channels listed (signal strength values from 9-33dBm) but no 5GHz channels

Site 2: the mesh-root AP and the mesh-child AP have only the other mesh node listed as a neighbor (on channel 108), and no 2.4GHz channels. The other two AP's (hardwired) show the three other 2.4GHz channels as neighbors and no 5GHz channels.

The 5GHz tx power level is "full" on every AP. The 2.4GHz power is -9dB on every AP.

Is there anything I can do to get 5GHz channel neighbors on the AP's?

3 REPLIES 3

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hello @sanjay_kumar,

Could you please help with this one.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

beetlrokr
New Contributor

I still see this on Unleashed 200.15.6.12.304. Uptime=18 hours, background scanning interval=900s.

beetlrokr
New Contributor

Is this preventing the neighbors from being provided in the RRM response packets? If so, this would effectively mean that 802.11k is not working.