cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a way to reboot 7982 APs after hours every two weeks.

douglas_hall_ik
New Contributor II
After about 3 weeks of operation my 7982s are becoming unresponsive and I have to reboot them to get them operational again(yes I have contacted support, after 3 weeks of BS and two rev updates I am still no farther along). I see there are script capabilities for the APs, can I use this functionality to reboot my 7982s after hours every two weeks or so?
3 REPLIES 3

michael_brado
Esteemed Contributor II
Hi Douglas,

What code/version are you running on your APs, and what do you mean by "unresponsive"?
Are you on a flat LAN with a couple standalone or ZD/SZ managed APs?  Can you still ping
your APs from the LAN when they appear to be in a problem state?  I'm curious, as I haven't
heard of this behavior.  Does it seem that clients can still use the WLANs, whether you can
talk to the APs?

douglas_hall_ik
New Contributor II
1. 3.6.0.0.709
2. Controller reports the APs are offline, can ping the AP sometimes, APs will for a time show up on the controller off and on, sometimes I can "catch" an AP and get it to reboot from the controller interface, If I wait too long I have to reboot them manually. Sometimes I can SSH into and AP, if I can get TOP to come up the load average is usually over 8.
3. I am on a routed(10 sites) network, running a Virtual SmartZone controller(3.6.0.0.510), I am currently running  181 APs, a mixture of 7982s and 710s.
4. No the clients can't use the AP when it becomes unresponsive.

This started happening about a month after I upgraded from 3.2.1.0.659->3.5.1.0.419 and has persisted through 3.5.1.0.419->3.5.1.0.1010 and 3.5.1.0.1010->3.6.0.0.709.

See Case 00562204 for the failed attempt by support to fix the problem.

douglas_hall_ik
New Contributor II
Anybody have any ideas or any other forums that might help?