cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Lennear Home R510 keeps dropping off client

dariusz_basiaga
New Contributor

So I have three R510 hot spots in my house.  Two are right below each other...i.e. the one is on a 1st floor and the second is on the 2nd floor.  The 3rd one is in the bathroom few rooms away.  Now when I am near the bathroom one (so master bedroom, kitchen) the phone works fine, but when I am near the two other ones the phone keeps loosing connection and the wifi keeps dropping.  what's going on?  I have tried, rebooting and upgrading them but still the same.  Both are running the latest firmware that was released few weeks ago. 

5 REPLIES 5

syamantakomer
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Dariusz,

I am wondering if there was a site survey done before deploying this APs?

If no, I suggest moving the one of the APs (1st floor or the one on 2nd floor, away from each other) away as you have mentioned "Two are right below each other".

If two or more APs are overlapping too much with each other's signals, it will cause a lot of issues due to interference.

Try to check if disabling 2.4G radio improve things or not. I thing your setup needs some fine tuning, which will mostly fix the issues you are facing.

You can also open case with support and they will help you to review the setup and share the recommendation and even troubleshoot a possible issue in the network/config/software.

To open a case, go to https://support.ruckuswireless.com/cases/new

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

@syamantak_omer  I can't move them, they are hardwired into the ceiling and they are running PoE.  So basically I am stuck with the locations they are at.  I can try disabling the 2.4G radio on the downstairs one since the beam propagates downwards so the upstairs should cover the downstairs.  

I guess due to distance then the built in hand off logic is being affected?  Since honestly it was my hope that the units will be smart enough to perform a gentle hand off. 

Hi Dariusz,

You may try reducing the TX power on one of the APs by 1/2 and see if that improve things.

You can also try turning off one of the APs completely and see if connection is stable in the problematic area.

Syamantak Omer
Sr.Staff TSE | CWNA | CCNA | RCWA | RASZA | RICXI
RUCKUS Networks, CommScope!
Follow me on LinkedIn

itdept_head_me
Contributor

how many SSID do you have registered to them,

and are there any other SSID you are registered to in the area?