cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get the "bad firmware header magic" error message when i try to upgrade T300 AP from 100.x to 104.x

lefhoko_radisak
New Contributor III

26 REPLIES 26

Its confirm that the latter batches of r500 has a chipset/memory configuration settings that are unable to support older ZD firmware.

so, what now? i just chip back this new batch, and thats that! i cant buy anymore as they will likely have the same chipset, and we wont be able to do anything about it (we cant just lose all of the older AP's we have, school literally just started).

To Mr Michael Brado:  to follow up with you.  these AP's (newer ones) have 104 on them, and when i try to downgrade to 9.8.2.0.15 solo (stand alone right?), i get that "bad firmware header magic" error message.  of the four newer AP's, only one of them i was able to downgrade to 100.1 and that was after about a dozen attempts, and now it wont go to any other version of firmware, newer or older, just gives that same error as above.

Well, after being told that the new post i did was a duplicate (which is wasnt, this is about the T model, mine about R) i was contacted by Ruckus support, and am getting all four of those affected R500s RMA'd with replacements.  So anyone else havign the same issue, here is what I was emailed, and hope it helps you too:

I searched our internal bulletins and there is a notice regarding memory in a batch

of R500 model APs, that begin with certain Serial Number digits.

Some of the serial numbers begin with (for R500 only):

All four of my R500 AP's were the 511702 batch.

Hope the above Helps, just quote this, and get them RMA'd.

Thanks,

mike_o_brien_dg
New Contributor
Hold on, where did my original Post go about the R500 and the firmware issue, I cant find it anywhere.  It was a new post, and not a continuation of this one..........?