cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am having trouble setting up r500 access point with Arris Surfboard SB6183 in a separate room from the wireless router

nathan_espinosa
New Contributor
I currently have a wireless router connected directly to one pc, while I have a Ruckus r500 connected to an Arris Surfboard SB6183 in a different room. The r500 is connected to the SB6183 POE and the r500 is also connected via ethernet cable to the pc it is near (separate from the wireless router pc).

The pc that I will be using to set up the r500 doesn't have a built-in WiFi adapter, so I am using a USB WiFi adapter. I used the instruction manual but cannot get to the settings or the login page for the r500. The adapter connects to the wireless router's WiFi so I know the wireless adapter works.

On the pc connected directly to the wireless router, I can access the WiFi settings but not for the r500. How can I fix this? What am I doing wrong?
1 REPLY 1

karl_lavender
New Contributor III
You probably need to statically assign yourself a wired connection to the AP on 192.168.0.1/24

I wouldn't bother trying to set up Ruckus AP via wifi.

Once you have wired access, set up the config as needed and then drop off and reconnect via wifi.