cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to troubleshoot ZoneFlex 7962AP after a factory reset ?

peter_quinland
New Contributor II
A hard reset was done to a Zone flex 7962 AP using the external pin hole to revert to Factory set up.
AP is powered but does not rediscover the ZD. The original FW was 9.4.

After a firmware upgrade to 9.6.0.267 to match a working AP and being directly connected to the ZD1100 the zoneflex 7962 AP is unable to connect to the ZD.

the default web access is working.

I was able to ssh in to the AP via the default ip address and manually set the director ip address. Still no joy.
any suggestions ?
8 REPLIES 8

rahul_koul
Contributor
Is the Ap having default Ip and trying to discover the ZD? There has to be connectivity in between the AP and ZD in the first place for it to join the ZD. Please try pinging ZD's Ip from AP and if you cannot ping the ZD then that needs to be looked at first.

peter_quinland
New Contributor II
apologies for the slow response. I have 2 different setups and was only able to get one fixed.

in scenario 1 the ZD 1100 has static ip address for the APs
I was able to give the AP a static IP address that matched what was on the ZD and it reconnected.

in Scenario 2 the ZD 3000 is an environment with a dhcp server and communicates with the APs via specific Vlan.

the AP auto-discovery does not appear to work. Giving it a static address and the same subnet mask as the ZD does not work. Resetting to factory default then manually setting the director ip does not work.

rahul_koul
Contributor
Did you try swapping it with another AP? When you configured the AP with an Ip from the same subnet was it able to ping the ZD?

If you have tried the above two steps then the unit looks to be defective.

peter_quinland
New Contributor II
Not yet but will give it a shot and advise.