cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to recover a ZoneFlex 7762 AP?

laroue_jean_ber
New Contributor II
Hi everyone.

I have simultaneously changed IP and VLAN on my AP. The problems are : the AP is at 30 meters from the floor (I can't do the hard reset) and the AP do not respond at the new address / VLAN or the old one.
I have tried to connect it with a Zone Director 1100 without success.
Any ideas?

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
Is the switchport configured to accept the tagged VLAN you set on the AP? If not try that and then try SSH into the AP via the switch.

laroue_jean_ber
New Contributor II
Thanks for the reply.

I've tried the solution without success. I've also tried to scan IP: no responses in any vlan.
The WLAN works, I can connect me on the AP, but the AP doesn't respond in wireless either (no IP address).

Have you ever had this kind of problem?

keith_redfield
Valued Contributor II
You should be able to get at it from the switchport - make sure and try all possible tags (maybe a typo as you were working on the AP?) - and check that ARP/MAC/forwarding table on that switch port and see if it's getting anything. The AP may have reverted to it's default IP when it lost it's connection to the ZD.

IP/VLAN changes on inaccessible AP's should always be staged first to avoid just this sort of issue. I've requested we add some sort of failsafe recovery mechanism (ala Juniper's "commit confirm") but we don't have one today.

laroue_jean_ber
New Contributor II
I have another AP on which I created the same default and I try to recover it (this AP is accessible).
Yesterday I saw that the AP responded to the new address but not correctly (I saw the reply on a Mikrotik router and on WireShark, but no reply on my windows' ping command)

I continue my researches.

Thank for the answers anyway.