cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my new ZD 1200 to RELEASE a WAP to be a Stand Alone?

paul_feist
New Contributor
I've just gotten a Zone Director 1200, and 20 R510's. I have (my "old" WAP's) 15  7363's that I'm replacing.  Problem is, the ZD 1200 "grabbed" the 7363's (yes, I went through the setup a little too fast, without enough reading comprehension... my fault entirely!).  Now I find myself in a bad spot!
The ZD 1200 firmware version will allow managing the 7363's, But NOT the R510's.  If I update the ZD1200, I will be able to manage the R510's, but NOT the 7363's!

This makes a nice orderly installation of the new R510's problematic.

I'd LIKE to "release" the 7363's back to being "stand alone" WAP's (which they were before I turned on the ZD 1200, and clicked "OK, sure, capture them all and make them your slaves...".

Being as how these 7363's are in eight different buildings, I would PREFER not having to go "hands on" on all of them, but if I need to climb ladders, I'll climb ladders!

I have tried "deleting" the 7363's in the Configure-Access Points section of the Zone Director... but, they just sit forlornly blinking their DIR light, through reboots, etc.

I must just be missing something in the Zone Director that says "I release you from my service...". 

Tips most gratefully welcomed!
Paul F.
School IT Lackey
2 REPLIES 2

thomas_fankhaus
Contributor II
Hi Paul, the 7363's need another Firmware in standalone. i think you have to go to the webinterface of the 7363 and "upgrade" the firmware to the standalone one (like 100.1.0.0.500) and configure each of them like before. i dont know if you can batch this job.
but you plan to replace the 7363's, then just do it right now.

paul_feist
New Contributor
Ugh... That is kind of what I had feared!  
Unfortunately, the campus needing to USE those WAP's while I run around to classrooms with a box full of R510's makes it "inconvenient".
Guess I really should have read the manual before firing up that ZD 1200, huh? LOL.  (Like I said, my fault entirely there... looks like I'm gonna pay for it!).

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

If anyone knows another way, I'd be happy to hear it!